Special Education » Parent Resources

Parent Resources

Dear Parents,

As the parents of a child with an IEP your child can get post-high school help from the California Department of Rehabilitation with college expenses or with career training. Now is the time to apply for Department of Rehabilitation services if you think you might need financial help for your child’s college program.  You can apply for services starting at the age of 16 but they will not receive any help until they graduate.

Below is the web site for the California Department of Rehab.  You can apply online or print out a form and mail it in.  You will have to help your child get to intake appointments and assessment appointments.



Temecula Branch

(951) 693-4451 (Voice)
(951) 693-4468 (TTY)
27555 Ynez Road , Suite 310
Temecula, CA 92591-4678


Palm Desert Branch

(760) 674-0262 (Voice)
(760) 674-0266 (TTY)
73-720 Fred Waring Drive , Suite 102
Palm Desert, CA 92260-2564



Please help us help your student by contacting the Department of Rehabilitation and following the application process.  You might be surprised at how much help they can give your son/daughter!



The Special Ed. Staff of Hamilton High School -- 951-763-1865

Steve Crawford   extension 304

Mary Walker   extension 305

Keith Gwyn   extension 306

Student Support Services provides specialized instruction to students, ages 3 through 21, who live within the district’s attendance boundaries, and who have an individualized education program (IEP).
The worlds leading website on learning disabilities and ADHD
A special education community where parents and educators share information and offer support
A directory of professionals, organizations, and schools that serve the learning disabilities and special education communities.
OSERS provides a wide array of supports to parents and individuals, school districts and states in three main areas: special education, vocational rehabilitation and research.