Hamilton School moved to its present location in 1950. From 1950 to 1985 Hamilton School had a K-6 configuration. In 1985 each succeeding class was kept on campus, reconfiguring the school to a K-8. In 1987 the HUSD Governing Board, with community support, decided to create a comprehensive K-12 school, allowing the school to grow one grade level a year. Prior to 1987, Anza students were bused daily to Hemet Jr. and Sr. High School, a 75-mile round trip excursion. Finally, students stayed at Hamilton and the first graduating senior class was in 1991.
With the population growth that was projected in the Anza Valley, a new campus was opened on the west side of the facility in 2000, although Hamilton remained a K-12 school. It was not until the 2004-05 school year that Hamilton split into two separate schools: a K-6 and a 7-12. However, with each new school year, the high school shed a middle school grade which was then added to the elementary school. This continued until the 2006-07 school year, when Hamilton High became a true 9-12 high school, as reflected in the following breakdown:
- 2000-03: K-12
- 2004-05: 7th-12th
- 2005-06: 8th-12th
- 2006-07: 9th-12th